Thrivent Builds | Habitat for Humanity
- Must be 16 years of age to participate
- Fill out attached 2017 Waiver & Release form, print, sign and bring to build site Available at the Trinity church office. if under 18, a parent must sign, forms also available on-site.
- Watch Safety Video (link on FAQs)
- Read FAQs for information about site location, where to park, what to wear, what to bring, and what to expect on Build Day.
We are so excited you are interested in volunteering at our newest neighborhood, Allen Estates. With your help we will build 24 new homes for our partner homeowners.
Below you will find more information about volunteering with us.
Before You Volunteer
• Complete and sign a Completed 2017 Release and Waiver of Liability form and bring to the volunteer event
• Watch the Construction Safety Video
• Are you under 18? Please see our youth policy below!
Work begins at 8:15 am and ends at 12 pm. Please be prompt so work can start on time.
Rest assured, no experience is necessary to volunteer!
What to Wear
• Sturdy shoes, preferably boots. No open toed shoes allowed on the construction site.
• Comfortable clothes that can get dirt or paint on them. Long pants are recommended. No loose,
flowing clothes as they may be a safety hazard.
• Layers for all weather possibilities. Work could be in the outdoors, so dress appropriately.
What to Bring
• Water bottle
• Completed 2017 Release and Waiver of Liability form
We will provide all of the tools you need. You are welcome to bring a hammer and other tool belt tools, but please label your items. Please do not bring any tools other than the basic tools.
Directions to the Construction Site:
Allen Estates is located at 6486 SW 124th Ave just off of SW 124th Ave and SW Sabin St. From Highway 217, take exit 2B (Allen Ave), turn right onto Allen Ave, turn left onto SW 124th Ave and then turn left onto SW Sabin St. If you are coming from the West, you can get to Hall Blvd via Murray Rd or TV Highway.
Where to Park
There is no parking on the construction site. We have arranged for our volunteers to park at Beaverton Nazarene Church, located at 12555 SW 22nd Street. The church has asked that volunteers park in the SE corner of the parking lot only. Please look for the Habitat sign in the parking lot for designated parking. If the designated parking lot area is full, you are welcome to park at the Islamic Center of Portland, on the corner of Hall Blvd and Denney Rd (see below for a map from the parking lot to the construction site).
No one under 16 years of age is allowed on the job site for any reason. 16 and 17 year olds must have a 2017 Youth Waiver signed by a parent or guardian. You must also bring an adult (21 or older) to supervise. If you have any further questions about this policy, please contact Danielle Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.